So here I am on this Saturday night/Sunday Morning, 12:17am. It has been a very interesting day to say the least.
It began with a trip to McDonalds at 3am this morning, but then home to sleep. I got up to a beautiful day and pumped for today’s Football (Soccer) match against Beachside. I had this feeling of confidence for today’s game. I am yet to score this season, and playing up front that’s my job! We are playing on nutgrove beach, well not the beach, but the ground next to it. I have always been a fan of this ground due to it being the shortest of all the football pitches in southern Tas. The game got off to a great start for the Cannons, as I picked up a loose ball in the 18yard box and slotted it passed the keeper. Brilliant! My goal drought was over and I had given the team a good lead 20mins into the game. Within the next 15mins Beachside had slotted 3 past our 2nd keep as the main was out, so that leaves the score at 3-1 with 5 mins left in the first half. Looking at this score the team had basically already given up, but with 2 mins to go, our keeper saved a shot and bombed the ball up front to me. The ball sailed over me and the defenders heads, as we all ran onto it I got my boot to it and chipped the keeper for once bounce and then it was in the back of the net! 3-2. I was ecstatic, not only had a broken my goal drought but I’m on the scoreboard with 2 and we are right back into the game!
The 2nd half began pretty shaky for the Cannons as Beachside put another away to put the scored at 4-2. Not long after that goal a penalty was caused by Beachside. Normally the coach/captain/player takes the penalties, but due to being on the verge of a hat trick he left the kick to me! (Now the last time I had to take a penalty in competition was a final and I choked, so this was running through my head) I kicked it low and into the left corner. HAT TRICK! And the scores are now 4-3, once again I have pulled the team back into the game. Beachside again have the domination of play and slot another, 5-3. It looks over as there is 20mins to go. But moments later I have another opportunity and chip the keeper with my left to put away my 4th of the game. 5-4. this is the best performance I have ever put on. But then in the last 10mins, the Cannons basically give up and we see Beachside run away with it scoring another 3, to demolish us 8-4 in the end. I have very mixed reactions for this game as I scored 4 and it’s the best game I have ever played, but yet we were embarrassed.
So feeling good, I decide it’s time to go to the casino for another degen session. And I have to be honest, I had some good hands, but I played them terribly, and this resulted in me going bust once again. So after such a downswing I will be taking a break from Hobart’s Wrest Point Casino. An upside to the night was I asked a few new friends to come down and play at the cas for the first time, lets called them BC and JG. BC had a decent run but as I left he was a touch down from his initial buy in. I have to congratulate JG though, she played very strong and tight poker to be up nearly $400 as I left, and I was very impressed for a first time cash game player!
Right well that’s me down for the night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment