Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hobart Becomes Faster….

…..But yet so many of the people around are still as slow as ever!
So 3G coverage for Vodafone has finally kicked off today and wow does it make a difference. Hoo-rah for mobile internet. Makes those long days at work that little bit easier. (Because the flu shot today certainly didn’t help)

As for the people… well you can’t help how some people were raise, or even where for that matter! Some of the people I work with are well, let’s be honest, complete idiots. Being in a team that revolves around collecting debt for the company we should be a close bunch and always there to back up each others decisions. This is not the case though… Let’s take a trip back to yesterday afternoon. An account I had actioned was clearly stated that this customer was a risk and we should allow for this customer to have any lenience at all. But what does one of my ‘colleagues’ go and do??? Overturns my decision and then tells me to tell the customer!!! F*** that! So I tell him so! One of my other so called ‘colleagues’ then decides to call the boss at home and tattle on me! (I mean seriously, how old are we now? Is this primary school all over again?)
This now brings us to today. I do my usual and get to work late, and instantly get pulled into a meeting room with the boss. Now one would think with my scheduled adherence that this would be about me turning up late. This however is not the case. I am sat and the whole story gets played out from yesterday, to which I detested almost 90% of the story as BS. I explain the whole situation, explain that this team should be loyal ECT and that was the end of it, my decision stands and I now speak to two less people in a team that only consists of 10 people!
So the lesson to come out of all this; No matter what perceptions you have of a group or just certain individuals they will never cease to amaze you when they have a chance to knock you down when your performance outshines them!
That may seem a little conceited, but just ask JM, I myself have been with the company only 3 months today, and I know the job and the components better already then these two who have been there for >year.

The degeneration continues tomorrow night at Wrest Point Casino. We are all hoping for the masses of Fish who have been paid their free money will be out to play! And also hoping for a drunken WJ the Loan Shark to sit for an hour or so!

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaha

    but seriously
    I don't know if you can post that on a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're such an angry boy chrissy!

    ReplyDelete